Creating an essay text is a lengthy process that requires fluency in scientific material and clear argumentation. In order for this work to have the appearance of a fully-fledged completed work, it is necessary that it contain a number of mandatory elements, in particular:
- introduction (it is necessary to formulate the main thesis, briefly formulate the main provisions; it is also customary to give a brief and clear definition of concepts, which makes it possible to designate a scientific concept from the standpoint of which the author speaks) – 0.5-1 page;
- the main part and the bulk of the work: includes arguments in defense of the stated main thesis. Arguments are important to clearly highlight. 2-3 arguments are needed to substantiate each thesis. It is desirable to hold the main idea of work through all the meaningful blocks. Arguments should include short, bright, practical examples, conclusions of the analysis of the information used – the volume of 3-5 pages;
- conclusions (they briefly list the theses of the semantic block, draw conclusions. The repetitions of the sentences used in the introduction are not desirable) – volume 0.5-1 page.
The total amount of work, taking into account all structural elements (including the title, plan, list of references) – 5-10 pages of printed text.
The following factors can increase the standard number of work pages:
- the requirement of the teacher to fully disclose this or that topic, for example, on 15-20 pages of printed text;
- sometimes the topic itself requires an increase in the volume of work: the number of theses increases, and with them the number of arguments. Accordingly, the total amount of work also increases (in this case it is possible to “accelerate” up to a maximum of 15 pages);
- composition, and, accordingly, the type of presentation may also affect the number of pages (for example, an essay description will take fewer pages than an essay-reflection);
- specificity of the scientific discipline in any case affects the total amount of work: for example, a philosopher can open a topic on 3 pages, whereas mathematics will need more evidence for evidence, and accordingly the number of pages of work will automatically increase.
In the optimal total amount of work (5-10 pages) it is important:
- clearly state the essence of the problem and its analysis using analytical tools;
- pick up interesting examples on the studied problem;
- reasoning-thinking, using facts, truthful judgments, scientific data, convincing the truth of the stated material;
- a clear statement of conclusions, confirmed mainly on their own beliefs and attitudes.